It's that time of year again. If you have a copy of "Rule 34" — the US hardcover edition only — and have spotted any typos, please post a comment here. I need the approximate page in the book, and a few words containing the exact text (so I can search the PDF of the paperback page proofs). No, typos in the Kindle edition are useless (the Kindle conversion process adds its own). No, the UK edition isn't much use either. No, typos in earlier books are no use to me (it's too late to fix them). I just want typos from the US hardcover edition of "Rule 34", so that they can be mercilessly extirpated from the forthcoming mass market paperback.
- Common Misconceptions About Publishing—a series of essays about the industry I work in.
- How I Got Here In The End —my non-writing autobiography, or what I did before becoming a full-time writer.
- Unwirer—an experiment in weblog mediated collaborative fiction.
- Shaping the Future—a talk I gave on the social implications of Moore's Law.
- Japan: first impressions — or, what I did on my holidays
- Inside the MIT Media Lab—what it’s like to spend a day wandering around the Media Lab.
- The High Frontier, Redux — space colonization: feasible or futile?
- “Nothing like this will be built again”—inside a nuclear reactor complex.
- Old blog—2003-2006 (RIP)