Who am I?
A portrait of the writer as a depraved man:
Taken in 2001. Let that be a lesson to you.
There are several. The most compact description is in the form of a
GTW/CS/L/MD d-- s:+ a? C++++$ UL++++$ UC++$ US+++$ P++++$ L+++$ E--- W+++$
N+++ o+ K+++ !w--- O- M+ V- PS+++ PE Y++ PGP+ !t 5? X-- !R(+++) tv-- b+++
DI++++/++ !D G+ e+++ h++/-/--- r+++ z?
If you don't know what this means,
What I do
- I write and sell
See the FAQ for upcoming book releases. This is most of what I do for a living ...
- I used to be ...
- At various times, a Pharmacist (I quit after the second time I was
staked out by the police for an armed robbery), a technical author,
a computer programmer (I was developer #1 at DataCash, a British dot-com
startup that IPO'd in 2000 and is -- shock horror -- still going strong
and due into profit in FY 2002/2003), and a freelance computer journalist.
Other things I do
- Drinking alcoholic beverages from small breweries
(Fisherrow Brewery, for whom Feorag worked, is no more, alas.)
- I sleep lots, especially in winter. I'm virtually incapable
of pulling an all-nighter; how do those guys do it? On the other hand, I
can be up and debugging at 7:30 am ;-).
- Listening to industrial/fringe music
- Recently: well, see my blog.
- Chilling out on several frosty newsgroups
- Collecting weird gadgets and orphan computers
- Notably Cambridge Z-88's, ICL one-per-desks,
Psion 3a accessories, and multiport serial boards for my linux boxes.
- Persistently not redecorating my flat
- Even though it badly needs it. I only moved in eight years ago.
- Cleaning up after
the Two Fat Ladies
Sekhmet, our much-loved
cohabitee, died suddenly in December '02: so we headed straight for
the Edinburgh Cat and Dog Home and adopted two elderly spinsters with a
heavy catnip habit and bad breath. They seem to like it here, although
they spend so much time sleeping it's hard to tell if they're still alive,
Where I do it
I live in Edinburgh, Scotland, in a flat that's somewhat older than the
State of Texas, with
Feorag, to whom I'm married.
(We tied the knot on our tenth anniversary, in mid-2003.)
[ Main index ]
[ Comments ]
[ PGP public key ]