Jens Ådne J. Rydland
Commented on Empire Games
Just finished it this morning, excellent stuff, looking very much forward to the sequels. And for another error, Rita's birth year is inconsistent. 1995 in the character bios in the beginning of the book, and the prologue says she was...
SpeakerToManagers commented on
Link to my 5-star review of Empire Games on Amazon....
Owen Blacker commented on
I re-read Merchant Princes last year, in impatient anticipation of Empire Games's publication. I'll add myself to the list of people telling you to start at the beginning — though get the newer Omnibus editions. Definitely worth it. A lot of fun :)...
Pigeon commented on
I reread as a matter of course - you could say it's my justification for buying books rather than getting them out of the library. My best guarantee of enjoying a book is to have enjoyed it already on a previous occasion. Although I'm not keen on (though do not fanatically avoid) seeing "spoilers" before I've read a book at all, when I reread it somehow it doesn't seem to matter knowing what comes next; having read it once in ignorance seems to fix that newcomer's perspective in my head, so that for instance arriving at the dammed Sirannon for...
Bill Stewart commented on
Is Empire Games eligible for Hugo nomination in 2016, or does it count as 2017?...
Julian Satchell commented on
Thank you. I finished reading Empire Games over the weekend, and it is so good - Charlie is just getting better and better at this stuff. Rita is a wonderful creation, and there are some interesting hooks set for the sequels....
Not following anyone
- Common Misconceptions About Publishing—a series of essays about the industry I work in.
- How I Got Here In The End —my non-writing autobiography, or what I did before becoming a full-time writer.
- Unwirer—an experiment in weblog mediated collaborative fiction.
- Shaping the Future—a talk I gave on the social implications of Moore's Law.
- Japan: first impressions — or, what I did on my holidays
- Inside the MIT Media Lab—what it’s like to spend a day wandering around the Media Lab.
- The High Frontier, Redux — space colonization: feasible or futile?
- “Nothing like this will be built again”—inside a nuclear reactor complex.
- Old blog—2003-2006 (RIP)